Faculty Summer Research Funding, 2022
UCHRI is pleased to offer up to five $5,000 summer research awards for UC faculty to conduct research during Summer 2022. Faculty engaged in projects related to UCHRI’s theme of “Living Through Upheaval” are especially encouraged to apply, but all faculty research projects will be considered for funding. Awards should support full-time work on a research project at any stage of development for a period of at least two months during the Summer 2022 quarter.
Applications must be submitted online via Submittable by 11:59 PM (Pacific time) on the deadline date.
Faculty organizers must be UC ladder rank faculty members. Applicants are strongly encouraged to contact their respective campus representative on the UCHRI Advisory Committee for guidance in the application process.
Prospective faculty organizers must apply online via Submittable. Required documents include:
- Project Title and Abstract (200 words max)
- Project Description (1,000 words max, see details below)
- Proposed Budget (see details below)
- Curriculum Vitae of the Faculty Organizer(s) (2 pages max)
The project description should be a maximum of 1,000 words and include the following:
- Problem Statement should describe the intellectual project that will be supported by this research award, and the short- and long-term significance of this research to the faculty member’s current project. The narrative should also clearly describe the work plan and projected outcome of the summer’s research.
The proposed budget is made up of two elements:
- The Applicant PROPOSED Budget Template
- A Budget Narrative (500 words max) that explains how estimates were determined
Proposed budgets (up to $5,000) should provide reasonable cost estimates for such expenses as travel, lodging and per diem for research trips, reproduction fees, purchase of books, equipment and other research materials demonstrably relevant to the project. No more than 30% of the award may be used for a GSR.
For program related questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the name of the grant for which you need assistance.
For technical assistance, please contact Submittable at email@example.com.