Faculty Summer Research Funding, 2024
UCHRI is pleased to offer $5,000 summer research awards for UC faculty to conduct research during Summer 2024. Priority will be given to projects related to one of the following thematic pillars, broadly conceived: Climate, Environment, and Technology; Social Heterogeneity; and Care & Repair, UCHRI’s new theme. Awards should support full-time work on a research project at any stage of development during the Summer 2024 quarter. Please note that only expenses that occur and are submitted before September 1, 2024 will be reimbursable.
Applications must be submitted online via Submittable by 11:59 PM (Pacific time) on the deadline date.
Faculty organizers must be UC ladder rank faculty members.
Prospective faculty organizers must apply online via Submittable. Required documents include:
- Project Title and Abstract (200 words max)
- Project Description (1,000 words max, see details below)
- Proposed Budget (see details below)
- Curriculum Vitae of the Faculty Organizer(s) (2 pages max)
The project description should be a maximum of 1,000 words and include the following:
- Problem Statement should describe the intellectual project that will be supported by this research award, and the short- and long-term significance of this research to the faculty member’s current project. The narrative should also clearly describe the work plan and projected outcome of the summer’s research.
The proposed budget is made up of two elements:
- The Applicant PROPOSED Budget Template
- A Budget Narrative (500 words max) that explains how estimates were determined
Proposed budgets (up to $5,000) should provide reasonable cost estimates for such expenses as travel, lodging, and per diem for research trips, reproduction fees, and the purchase of books, limited equipment, and other research materials demonstrably relevant to the project. Due to funding restrictions, hiring a GSR is not an allowable expense on this grant.
For program related questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the name of the grant for which you need assistance.
For technical assistance, please contact Submittable at email@example.com.