UCHRI is Hiring
Research Grants Manager
The UC Humanities Research Institute is a systemwide organization for all 10 campuses in the University of California system. UCHRI facilitates experimental, interdisciplinary humanities scholarship through partnerships, research initiatives, and competitive grants.
The research grants manager at UCHRI oversees competitive grants programs across the UC system. This position designs and develops, administers, and manages research programs. Drawing upon doctoral-level subject matter expertise in humanities research, they formulate program strategies and goals for current and future programs, manage peer-review processes, evaluate and assess programs’ effectiveness, develop communications strategies, contribute to both qualitative and quantitative sections of institutional reports, manage comprehensive database with grant applications and reports, provide intellectual leadership when requested (e.g., leading a quarter-long Residential Research Group composed of UC faculty), and develop and improve systems related to current and future programs. The research grants manager is also an active participant in the development of research programming and events at the Institute. The position requires exceptional problem-solving abilities, and frequently requires analysis of unique issues and problems without precedent and/or structure.
- Annually: $74,000.00
- Minimum of 1–3-year(s) experience in Academic and/or Research Program Administration.
- Ph.D. in Humanities-related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Thorough knowledge of administrative and budgetary principles and practices.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including editing and proofreading.
- Strong ability to think creatively and independently on concepts requiring advanced analytical skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with diverse groups to achieve results, including faculty, staff, students across many university campuses and the general public.
- Strong ability to work collaboratively with internal and external peers and managers.
- Strong ability to work and prioritize in a multi-project, deadline-driven environment.
- Strong ability to manage multi-faceted programs and projects.
- Event coordination and management experience.
- Knowledge of the University of California system.
- Knowledge of grants management systems.
- Knowledge of WordPress design and maintenance.
Special Conditions Required:
- Occasional travel in California and out of state.
- As driving may be required for this position, candidate must possess a valid California Driver’s License or ability to obtain one as required by the California Department of Motor Vehicles.
Final candidate subject to background check. As a federal contractor, UC Irvine is required to use E-Verify to confirm the work status of individuals assigned to perform substantial work under certain federal contracts/subcontracts.
The University of California, Irvine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy.
UCI provides reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities upon request. For more information, please contact Human Resources at (949) 824-0500.
If you’re interested in learning more or applying, please visit the following: